I can remember seeing the January/February 2004 Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine and NEEDING the quilt on page 28 called " Housepatality". I remember ordering the kit for it and adding some fat quarters to the mix that I'd pick up whenever I saw something I thought would go good with it.
By about August/September I was ready to start making my houses. Back then I was working full time so my sewing time was limited to weekends. I'd take a few days and I'd cut the entire thing out at one time so when I did have time I could just sit down and sew. I took it to my first retreat that October and sat and got to know all the girls and sewed up all of them. I wish I had a picture of me back then sewing on this project but I don't. I think a friend does so I'll have to ask her to send me a copy :)
Anyhow....I finished it and it hung in my laundry room for 11 years, until last month when I took it down to start our remodeling. As I took it down I examined the quilting I did on it and I decided to take it all out and send it to my quilter Sarah so that it hangs nicer and just get it freshened up like the laundry room!
I'm so much happier with it now!
You will notice that I didn't add the final pieced border, I just added a black and white polka dot border and was happy with it like that!
Here's an up close look at the quilting my friend Sarah did on it.....
We just got back from Florida on Friday so I've been catching up with laundry and attempting to get the house in order. This morning I decided it was time to get the binding ready and sewn on.... I am using a black and white stripe for it, which I think will be perfect.
The laundry room is almost finished being remodeled so I need to get this on and sewn down NOW! AND, I need to figure out a unique label for it so I incorporate the old top with the new quilting.....
Thanks Sarah for updating this quilt!