Monday, July 3, 2017

Pineapple Quilt

Last year I did a Pineapple Sew Along and came away with 18 blocks.
This is the design the hostess provided us with and I was fine with that....Less thinking on my part!
In January I put this on my APQ Challenge List and put it in the #1 spot not realizing we didn't go in order.... That's OK, I can wait.....
Well, June 30th it was revealed and voile! #1 was it.






I opened the baggie that had been stored away for close to a year and came up with 3 blocks that were NOT the right size, and even though the hostess said she looked them over good, I came up with 3 that were short.....  I did deconstruct them and put them back together so I could use them and then yesterday morning I cut the white strips, did some sewing and here I am 24 hours later with a finished quilt top.


I found a HUGE pile of this lime green fabric which was enough for the back and the binding with STILL leftovers!


I'm mailing it to my quilter in the morning and then hopefully getting it bound by the end of the month.....seems a friend saw it on IG and asked if she could buy it for a housewarming gift.....

Stay tuned.............

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Peg, love your pineapple quilt. Great yellows and greens! Thanks for sharing!

Little Penpen said...

Very pretty pineapple quilt!

gailss said...

Well worth waiting for and love those pineapples....can't wait to see how the quilting will add to the quilt top.....love these pineapples.