Monday, July 3, 2017

GO FOR IT-2015 QUILT ALONG

          YES, the 2015 Quilt Along!  NOW, don't think I'm that behind.....This is actually the 2nd time I'm doing this quilt.  Here's the link to #1.  http://stitchinwithpeg.blogspot.com/2016/03/go-for-it.html

           When I moved my room and went thru some magazines and books, this one was still folded open as if I was working on it and for a month it sat right next to my machine so that every day I looked at it!


I did the first one in the same colorway but I think I had some navy blue and purple in it....which may get added to this one once I see what I need from what I cut up.


I did....in true PEGGY form, assemble a few "just to see how they look"......
How cute are these?


NOW.....the pattern calls for 1-1/2 inch strips but I changed mine up and cut 2-1/2 inch strips only because I feel like i'm a more accurate sewer with 2 and 2-1/2 inch pieces....those itty bitty 1-1/2 inchers just aren't for me....

Keep tuned for an update......................

And not to leave anyone out or add pictures of grandchildren, vacations etc.....today is a special day, it's my son's 32nd birthday.  I remember that day like it was yesterday~~~
Here are some of my favorite pictures of him....He loves his baseball, LOVED playing basketball in HS, anything he could do with "dad" and when Olivia came along he was a little awkward at first but he's getting better at the holding etc.  especially now that Gemma has come along.  So, Happy Birthday Dan!   

Love, Mom




No comments: