Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Good Morning...........
I thought I'd get to post yesterday but my laptop had other ideas.  I feel like this is almost the end of the road for this laptop friendship....and that makes me sad.  Oh well....

I spent some time over the weekend deciding on my "BEE" block for the next round of my Instagram Bee with my friends.  We start the next round September 1st and I'm December so I knew I needed to get my butt in gear and get moving.

So, the September girl is Amanda in California.  She chose a Thimbleblossoms pattern called "Fireworks".  She wants a navy background (which she provided all of us) and then wants red, aqua, white...any combination.   I like to make my blocks up at least a week or two in advance so the girls get their block in the beginning of their month.   Here's Amanda's.......


It was a hard block to photograph but here it is.....  We also send a little something for the Queen Bee so this year I decided that I'd make everyone a little project pouch and mail their block inside.


I haven't made one of these in ages so I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out nice.

I did decide on my pattern and fabric too and even decided to use my own fabric to actually use up some of my stash!

I'm also using a Thimbleblossoms pattern called "Puddle Jumping" and a stack of my Little Miss Sunshine fabric.  I picked a really cute "bee" background fabric that I've had in my stash for quite a while.   We have 13 girls in our bee so I will need to make a few extra to bring it up to size so I made a sample for everyone to see......

 

Here it is....and I'm thrilled.  Can't wait for December. (yes, I said it.....UGH LOL)


Be back soon with a new project starting today...........



1 comment:

gailss said...

Oh my gosh...that block is just adorable Peg and who doesn't love Thimbleberries patterns! I am trying to be good and not buy all this fabrics but they come out with such great lines and before I know it, I have bought another line...:)))
Love that you have a great "Bee" and sounds like fun. Will watch to see yours.