Wednesday, August 15, 2018

"Patchwork Swoon"


Trying to decide on Sunday afternoon what I felt like working on...........I finally decided that I was tired of looking at this sit under my ironing table and it was TIME to sew it up.  The first thing was to cut the jelly roll of Vintage Picnic into strip sets and assemble the scrappy star points.

 

Then I had to make 9 of the scrappy units.

Then came the time to assemble all the other units,

and assemble the top......

LOOK at that top......I am in awe at how beautiful it is......


It helps to have a 9 foot island in your kitchen....You can lay out the backing (red gingham), throw your top over it and cut to size!

It's all ready and packed up to head out to the quilter.....

QUILT SPECS:

"Patchwork Swoon" by Camille Roskelley (Thimbleblossoms)
72 inch Swoon
Fabric is Vintage Picnic by Camille Roskelley 

This quilt when made not scrappy could literally be cut and assembled in 1 day...maybe 1-1/2 days.  I'm thinking I need a halloween swoon or even a patriotic one!!






2 comments:

gailss said...

Wow...this came out really nice and this is one of my favorite lines of fabric also. Love the large size of the star and very striking.....can't wait to see how it is quilted.

Tammy said...

Love this one, Peg! It turned out great. I may need to try this pattern.