Friday, September 28, 2018

Green/Aqua Churn Dash Revisited


Today I want to revisit an OLD quilt but one of my favorites.......

I can clearly remember working on this churn dash quilt on weekends and after work.....when I still worked.  That is an important key because I'm trying to date this quilt but I cannot for the life of me remember the year.  One of my flaws in quilting is mostly keeping track of when I made something and who I ultimately gifted it to.......


The one thing I remember about this one is I scoured my closet and pulled out every fabric that read aqua/lime green.  I'm sure I'd seen that combo "somewhere"......and another point I remember is I assembled the piano key border on Superbowl Sunday so I'm going to say January 2013??????

The next picture is me picking the quilt up in the parking lot of a church in Delaware where I met the girl that quilted it.  


I loved how it was quilted!   If I remember correctly, the quilter took this picture because this was her 100th quilt that she'd quilted.........

I don't remember where this quilt ended up.....I'm sure I gifted it to someone but I don't remember who :(     I'm thinking that it's time to plan another churn dash quilt like this one....maybe using some of my scraps?

Happy Friday and end of September 2018 !!!





No comments: