Tuesday, October 2, 2018

"Blue Ribbon"

     I have belonged to one Instagram Quilt Bee's now for quite a few years now and last year I joined a second with girls from all over the US and a few in Canada.  We are assigned a month, preferably your birthday month and then you receive a quilt block of your choice in that month.  
My block choice for 2018 was "LUCKY" by Camille Roskelley.  I wanted all my blocks from one Fig Tree fabric line called "Chestnut Street".  The blocks came in a few a week and then right after January 2018 arrived, I had a quilt's worth of blocks so I immediately set them and sent the quilt out for quilting......


My area for pictures is limited but this shows pretty well what the quilt looks like.


I found a red with white flannel dot for the backing, which worked perfectly with the top.....
I've had it quilted and binding attached and it's ready for the winter.

We've come to an end for 2018's Figgy Bee and now is the time to start planning for 2019....YAY!

Each and every one of the Figgy girls have quite an extensive fabric collection, as do I, but when asking for girls to make me a block I tend to play it safe and request just 1 line/1 block so I know in the end that I'll be able to assemble a cohesive quilt.

2019 fabric will be "Coney Island" from Fig Tree and this year my pattern is called "Blue Ribbon" also by Fig Tree.


I couldn't decide what to work on today so I pulled my pattern out and cut for 1 block....Since there are only 12 girls including myself in the Bee, I know in the end I'll have to make a few blocks myself so why not try the pattern out now..........

The block turned out prettier than I expected so I know that when the others come that this is going to be a beautiful quilt!  I can't wait!!!   
OH....did I mention that we don't start till January and my month this year is in May?  

Well, at least I'm ready!!!

1 comment:

gailss said...

I see you love the Figtree fabric also Peg and your top that the Bee ladies is so pretty but where is the finished picture???? Love it. Sounds like fun having a group that sews like that....