Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Swoon 16 Update

   I am pleased to say that I finished my Swoon 16 quilt on the last day of the sewalong and that made me very happy.


These blocks took much longer than I expected but I love each one.....and enjoyed the process.

NOW.......they're all done and I had to pick a sashing color for between each block and row.....


Hmmmmmm...... Which one should I use?  I did consult the designer of the fabric, and she sent me the link for these 4 solids.  I loved the yellow at first and was thinking, YUP, i'm doing yellow....but as I started rearranging the blocks I felt like the navy was the right fit......



YUP, navy was perfect!  It took one rainy, cold afternoon to sash them all and now......I'm waiting for this fabric line called "Garden Variety" by LellaBoutique to hit the fabric stores.  I'd gotten an advance bundle of the prints from a shop that I frequent but the yardage won't hit stores till I think around Halloween.

I'm thinking the navy print might be the perfect backing.  What do you think?

I can't wait to order and get this one quilted and finished!

Stay tuned!








2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your Swoon. The navy was the perfect choice for the sashing. Really makes the blocks stand out.

gailss said...

This is perfect and your "Swoon" blocks are perfect. You nailed it with the navy and can't wait to see the borders on.....nice!!!