Sunday, June 28, 2009

You Can Call Me Izzy


Let me introduce you to Isobel...you can call her Izzy for short. Isn't she cute? She is the first block from the TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS Block of the Month that I started last summer that I've actually finished and got the fabric borders on. I was searching yesterday thru my stash for fabric to use for the borders and came across this bundle of Moda's "Summer's Basket of Flowers", which I thought would go perfectly with the blocks. So, I washed and dried them all up and since they were out I decided to cut into them and start the borders.

Each block finished with the 4 borders finishes up to be 16-1/2 X 18-1/2 so with making 9 blocks for the front, this will make a nice size top. I'm not making it for anyone in particular right now but my daughter Sarah just loves their striped stockings so you never know...Sarah might just be the recipient of this one in the end.


Now to get moving on the other 8 blocks....


3 comments:

Barb said...

Love the stitchery...and the fabric..

Pat said...

I really like this block!

Laura-IH said...

Those BOMs are going to be cute! I love it when you take a pic of a stack of fabric. It looks so pretty all stacked up like that.