Friday, February 1, 2013

February Big 3

How do you keep yourself focused and on course with your quilting projects?  I do a Big 3 each month with 2 of my quilting friends and since it's February (already) I realized I better pull my list together and post it to the girls.    I've had a bag of blocks in my cabinet since November 2008!        The blocks are from a swap with some internet girls from all over the US and even 2 girls from Europe....    They are all stars with a cream background and the only 2 colors allowed were turquoise and brown.  Again....I have no clue who will get this quilt but it will be a finished top before the end of the month and once it's quilted I'll worry about who to give it to!
My other 2 projects are to trim and bind my daughter's wedding quilt amd also fuse and assemble my snowman blocks into a quilt top.      I know it's a lot but I think I'm up for the challenge!   If nothing else, the quilt for my daughter WILL get done.  Her shower is March 24th, and yes, I know have lots of time but I'm not a HUGE fan of the binding process so I tend to put it off till the last minute...I'm going to be prepared though this time  :)      We still have to settle on a cake topper for the wedding and a few other things but we're almost there!!!

Peggy                                 


2 comments:

Conni said...

This is going to be a fun one! I love star quilts. You are so good at setting goals and meeting them.

The Other Barb said...

What a neat quilt! So neat that there are blocks from many different places. Very pretty~ Good luck on all your projects. Looking forward to especially seeing your daughter's wedding quilt~