Friday, October 2, 2015

Trunk Show

     Way way back in the day I fell in love with Pat Sloan's first fabric line.  I probably bought every single line after that and then joined her block of the month clubs AND bought her books and patterns.......was I obsessed?  Absolutely!

       I used to ask my local shop if she could get Pat to come for a trunk show and she always promised she'd try.....and then I guess everything lined up nicely and voile, Pat's doing a trunk show and 2 days of classes at Quilting Possibilities!

       Tonight was that trunk show.....



Pat was showing off her 2015 Mystery Quilt.........My picture doesn't do it justice.  Suffice it to say, I'm sorry I didn't follow along this year.  I will for sure next year though :)

I loved hearing how Pat got into the business and enjoyed her slide show.  She still has her 1st quilt and subsequent quilts that she made for her different books.

I sat right next to this quilt and have also admired it on Pat's blog so I bought the pattern and then when I got home I IMMEDIATELY ordered the fabrics to make it.  As Pat said, it was all about the polka dots...they made the entire quilt!

I also bought a fat quarter bundle of her new line, 4 yards of her red sunflower-like fabric and for this weekend only, if you bought 4 yards you got 2 yards free so YES, I bought 2 yards of the green dot, and a black on white pin dot .  I will most likely use the black on white pin dot for the background for whatever I end up making.


Debbie and Jim at Quilting Possibilities had little gift bags and dessert for all the girls that attended....


Pat Sloan is an absolute doll and a joy to talk to.  I wish I could have attended a class but since I couldn't, I'm just happy to have been able to attend the trunk show.  
If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Pat's trunk shows, you really have to!  

Peggy



1 comment:

barbara woods said...

i would really love to or go with Bonnie Hunter on her cruise