Thursday, July 10, 2008

I've been issued a challenge



Yes, I've been issued a challenge. Kristie at Quilt Harvest Blog has been reading my blog and since we both do a lot of Thimbleberries projects, and we both have the Pumpkin House on our to do lists, she issued me a challenge to finish the quilt by the end of July.... Now, I have NEVER been one to back away from a challenge so right here, right now, I am accepting Kristie's challenge.....


I'm not sure if Kristie started her Pumpkin House or not but I did back around August or September 2007...yes, 2007!

I know, I know, it's sad but I got a lot of it done but the leaf applique got to me and then when I looked at all the work that would go into the fencing, well, I just packed the whole shooting match up and said I'd finish it another time....

I guess that time is NOW isn't it?

So, I will update on my progress periodically as I do some work on it.....
OH, and just an FYI, I leave for Florida the morning of July 26th to see my mom for her 81st birthday so I have 1 less week than Kristie does and I upped the ante on this in an email to Kristie...loser has to make and send the winner a pincushion. Is Kristie going to see a HOMER'S DONUT in her future or is Peggy going to see something in hers?
Stay tuned......

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Go Peggy Go!! I know you can do it...and either way, you'll win because you'll have a finished project!! :)

Conni said...

This is a cute kit, Peggy! You can do it! We are all rootin' for you!! RAH! RAH! Go, Peggy!!!

Angela said...

Oh and I think I have the perfect place for it when you get it done...MY house!