Sunday, August 8, 2010

Veterans Food Drive


This quilt is almost done...I just need to tack down 1 more side of the binding and it's good to go. I used Pat Sloan's Sweet Liberty fabric for it. I made the top to use for a raffle in school. One of our organizations will sell tickets and I think we'll do the drawing around Veterans Day and donate the money to the Thanksgiving Veterans Food Drive that we do every year. Our school does a lot of charitable drives throughout the year but in the past 2 years I've done the quilt raffle and it benefits both the Veterans and the recipient....

3 comments:

Conni said...

Love the quilt, and the colors are so appropriate!

: said...

Hi,
This Blog is very nice, I want share on Veterans Day related information
For more details visit “altiusdirectory.com”. Below URL may be useful to you.
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Society/veterans-day.php

ohiostar5 said...

Beautiful quilt, it should sell lots of tickets. I made a red, white, and blue quilt this year for Quilts of Valor, another great organization that gives quilts to wounded soldiers returning from the war.