Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Project





I'm going to start a new project today with the hopes of finishing it by the weekend.



My niece goes to"hair school" with a girl that is pregnant and a while back asked me if I could make a baby girl quilt using some fabric that has"hair products" on it like combs, hair dryers etc. I did do a search online, but didn't come up with anything so I just bought a white print focus fabric with flowers and lady bugs etc, on it and pulled fabrics that might go with it. Being as none have white in them it will work nicely for the separator strips.




I'm using a Moda "Jumbo Coins" http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/12/jumbo-coins-baby-quilt.html#more pattern that I found on their web site. Instead of using a solid white, I'm going to use the white print as the separator fabric.


I don't even have to buy a backing fabric because I have enough of these to piece the back AND I have a pink and a purple flannel up on the shelf that I can use! Can't beat getting an entire quilt almost for free from the stash now can you?




Peggy





No comments: