Friday, March 21, 2014

Another Finish

     This is month 2 of Sherri McConnell's "Simply Small Challenge".  This month our project is called a Scrappy Churn Dash Table Runner.

     I don't necessarily have the need for a long skinny runner right now but I did find inspiration in my house so it's going to work out ok.

     I had a small basket of 2-1/2 inch squares already out on my cutting table from some of the "mini" quilts I've been making and hanging on my sewing room wall so I just grabbed from that.  They are all Thimbleblossom fabrics but since they are "springy" it was perfect!

    We started with 6-1/2 inch churn dash blocks....and before you start saying "where are they", they are in there but my choice of dark/light fabrics for the hst's was a little off so they don't resemble churn dash blocks at all.  We made 5 of them then sashed with white strips on all 4 sides.  Here's mine before the final sashing.

And here are a few pictures of it finished.

The first picture is right after the binding was attached.....  I used a leftover piece of BLISS for the back and since it's only 9-1/2 by approx. 45 in long, I didn't need a big piece of binding so I used 3 strips of the dotted BLISS for that.

   

Her's a picture of it on my son's sofa table....  Can you tell it's a guy's apartment?  (note the basketball and junk under said table)  LOL

And this old dresser is in the hallway in our upstairs.  We dragged that dresser home in the back of our car from Maryland a year or so ago "just because" my daughter thought it would awesome in turquoise.  It doesn't match anything else in the house but it comes in handy for laying finished quilts on, holding books for me and we've put a small lamp on it so the hallway isn't dark at night when we go up to bed  :)    There's nothing in the drawers but Sarah loves it and the color so there it is  :)

This was a super fun project!!!!  And, if you would like to join in, just go over to Sherri's blog and you can upload the pattern from Craftsy.  Sherri blogs at "A Quilting Life" and BTW, has an AWESOME new book out that just shipped less than a week ago.....I've read mine cover to cover twice!!!

PEGGY

2 comments:

The Other Barb said...

what a fun table runner~ love it on the turquoise dresser!

JoAnne said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Barb! It turned out great and I don't mind that the churn dashes don't show up. I love your version! And on that great turquoise dresser--it is perfection!