Friday, March 14, 2014

National Quilting Day

   

     So, tomorrow is Worldwide Quilting day.....What will you be doing to celebrate?

     I decided that to celebrate the day I'd pull out one of the oldest projects I have nearby and work on that.  Do I need this quilt for anyone in particular?  UH, no!  But has this been on my mind?  UH, yes!   

     

  The magazine is American Patchwork & Quilting and it's from December 2010!   I remember when it came out I fell in love with this project "It Takes Two".  The magazine has it made up in Thimble Blossom fabrics from Bonnie & Camille.  I remember I tried tracking down as many of the fabrics as I could but even now, looking at the pile, I think I may be missing the red dot for the final border  :(
I'm not going to let that stop me though, I am going to assemble this as far as I can and then I will do a search if and when I find I need something in particular....who knows, the fabric designers may just have some that they can sell me....

So, to celebrate World Wide Quilting Day tomorrow I'm going to be working on this project!

What will you be sewing on?

Peggy

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love the colors of this one. I am going to be busy this morning and this evening but I am hoping to at least pull out the next project I plan to work on and get it prepped.

moosecraft said...

Happy National Quilting Day! It's going to be warmer and sunny today so I might just find something to do outdoors today! lol! OK. So maybe some quilting in the evening... ;-) You've chosen a great quilt pattern and color combo... have fun with it!