Monday, November 30, 2015

"Allietare Mystery"

Step 1 of the Allietare Mystery on Bonnie Hunter's blog went live on Friday morning after Thanksgiving.  I've been waiting a while for this and was happy to see step 1 was fun and easy. 294 half square triangles.....Who doesn't like HST's?????    I love making them!


My "constant" grey looks very much like a men's suit type of grey, which I love, and my "neutral" is a grunge type of cream.  I'm doing a constant "cream" as well because I didn't have a lot of variety in my stash.  The only thing I did have to buy for this mystery was my neutral!!!!!  THAT makes me very happy because I'm one of those "I need to use up what I have" type of gals and this year I actually did!!!

Quite by accident I found myself reading blogs yesterday afternoon and saw that Bonnie herself was going to be doing her webcam so I sat down and watched, finished up a few small blocks for another sew along and then sat and sewed up my step 1 units.  NO, I am not done but I HAD to press a few just to see how I like the look and then finished sewing.....  I'm having lunch with a friend today so I'll press open the remainder HOPEFULLY this afternoon.

Hope you are all enjoying your mystery......Thanks Bonnie for doing this year after year.

Peggy in NJ

6 comments:

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I like making HSTs, too; I did mine the same way you did. I love your grey.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Starting a Bonnie mystery is like coming home. I thought the quilt cam from Buck Mountain was fun. I remember when we were all on dial up and everything worked like that :) Sharyn

Andee said...

These mysteries are so much fun!

Feathers in my Nest said...

how fun to see everyone's progress...yours look so pretty.

Saged Crone said...

Love the stacks of fabric in line waiting! Happy Quilting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I have yet to participate in Quilt Cam. What a good use of your time!!