As I was sewing I was watching a Podcast of Bonnie Hunter's where she was assembling a quilt made of "H" blocks and then setting them all wonky. Hmmmmm I said to myself. I wonder if I could figure out how to do that with the Seuss blocks. I put out an email to my quilting sister Robin, who immediately sent me a link to how to do it.....
WOW.....from units to blocks to wonky in about 2 hours!!!!!!!
I was very lucky that I was using the neutral to set them so I didn't have to cut 2 different directions. I just cut all the strips out and sewed them on whether it was left facing or right facing.
By Sunday evening I had all 16 blocks sewn together and ready for border attaching on Monday.
I had thought I'd add a simple border around the blocks but I do love the piano key border so I took all my leftover fabric and cut it up into strips, pressed, sub cut and attached them in record time.
I had 1 long strip leftover that coincidentally went the length of the quilt so I decided to piece all my leftover fabrics into a back and ship it off to my favorite longarmer.
I'm always amazed at how when I'm focused and have an idea, how I can finish quilts!
I'll take pictures of the back and binding when it comes back from my girl Sarah.