Thursday, March 31, 2016

March

     Is today really March 31st?    This was a fast month!

     I sewed a few of these Star Challenge blocks this week to catch up to week 13.   If you're on Instagram, A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop (@anptquiltshop) is doing this challenge to make one star block each week.   I'm using a bundle of Riley Blake dots for my star points and left over fabric from my Lori Holt project from last year for the centers.  These blocks finish at 6-1/2 inches and work up fast and are a lot of fun to sew!



      Last year we did Churn Dash blocks.  I did all 52 and then decided I wanted to make the blocks larger for a summer quilt for myself for next year, 2017.  
I'm using scraps from my bin with no rhyme or reason for what I add to the 6-1/2 inch block.....just grabbing and sewing.


I love that pile of finished blocks........ It is NOT too late to join in so again, head on over to Instagram and check it out.


I'm excited too that it's getting warmer out and I'm able to start wearing all my cute sewing themed tee shirts that I bought this winter from Statelytype.  I love the pale green of this one with the cute old fashioned sewing machine....



1 comment:

Deb R said...

great idea to build a block stash! Might check it out! Love your tshirt!