Friday, May 13, 2016

2014 Designer Mystery Block of the Month


So, this was 10 months into the Mystery BOM and then "NOTHING" happened until last week....almost 2 years after it started.

I've been picking up way too many new projects lately so I made the decision in January that for every 2 new projects, I had to do 1 old UFO.  May was the time to pick this bad boy up and git er done.....

I got the first section sewed in record time last Sunday and by Tuesday I had the entire top done and the back pieced.  Don't mind the pictures, we haven't seen much sun here in NJ so nothing is bright!


I LOVE seeing an empty project bin!   
I did have a lot of leftover fabric since Fat Quarter Shop is super generous with their BOM's and was going to offer to give the scraps and patterns away here on the blog but I had such a nice note from a girl on Instagram that LOVES the fabric and missed out on getting in on this BOM, so I offered the whole business to her and she took it all.  I'm mailing it all out tomorrow to her when I mail the quilt to my favorite long arm girl.......

I'm not quite sure which new project I want to start right now but this one is a sure frontrunner....

It's a pattern called "Homestead" by Lella Boutique.
I've never done anything by her but I LOVE hst's and I had this bundle of fabric sitting around waiting to be cut into so "why not!".........I'll keep you posted!

Have a great weekend and hopefully you can do some sewing or reading or something else that makes you happy.....  I'll be here in my HAPPY place sewing.

Peggy



1 comment:

gailss said...

Oh my gosh... I just pulled out that block of the month and was thinking I should put the borders on and finish it up. I did the blocks right along each month and was so good and then ....nothing! Your top looks so nice and think this is a sign to get going and get mine done. Sweet that you gave your fabrics to someone who really loved the whole project and bet she will be happy with it. Love your next choice ;)))