Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Weekend 2016

Can it really be the start of the summer already?   I feel like I just had jeans and hoodies on and now we have the AC on and the pool opened....

This is my view of the pool from my sewing room.....Big Papi opened the pool and this clear blue is what we saw!!!!!!!!!!    YAY for a new balloon!


So, while Papi was out taking the cover off, filling with water and testing it, I was up sewing......
I started this Lella Boutique pattern last week.  I pulled lots of fabrics from my stash bins but I also released some bundles I'd had sitting on shelves looking pretty....  I wanted a lot of variety of color and design for each block and I think I may have just gotten exactly what I wanted!  I wanted florals, geometric, dots and stripes and with taking my time and searching I achieved it.
Now to look thru my big bin of backing fabrics and see if I have something fun for it.  Fingers crossed :)


And a blog post wouldn't be complete without a picture of our little monster......
Olivia turned 18 months old last Sunday and although she's the apple of this grandma's eye, she is into everything and laughs when I call her my little monster!


Here's hoping all of you a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!


Peggy





No comments: