Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Small Finish

Anyone that knows me as a sewer knows I love quick and easy projects.
This summer has been the year of the baby quilts.  I've made more this summer than I think the last 2 years combined.

Yesterday I needed a quick project so I went into my little UFO bin and found some hst's and not only were they made and trimmed to size, they must have been laid out in rows at some point in time!  YAY for me!

I quickly threw them up on the design wall and got them sewn together in no time.  
It's not a big quilt, only 36 X 36, but it's for a newborn so it doesn't need to be huge.
I found a green dot in my "backings" bin which is the perfect match for the green on the front so I'm going to sandwich it one night this week and get it quilted.  The baby is due in early December and my friend will be the great aunt.  A funny note about this is my oldest daughter dated the baby daddy back about 8 years ago so he'll be surprised to see something I made as a gift :)


And here's Olivia.....now 18 months old and LOVING helping me do dishes.  We do bottles, plasticware etc. every morning and that makes her feel like a big girl.  I know I have a picture of Olivia's mom doing the same thing "somewhere" but today's not the day to go looking for that.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July......

Peggy





No comments: