Thursday, May 17, 2018

Modern Vintage Quilt

      So....Here I am back to my blog.  I was chatting on IG this morning with my friend Tammy about blogs and decided that I NEEDED to at least update my blog today.  Thanks Tammy for the little push 😊

       I've decided to start back on this journey with my "Modern Vintage" project with my Bee girls.   Each of us pick a month, pick a block and mail to the Queen Bee of the Month.   We started out at least 5 years ago swapping Bonnie & Camille fabric with a set block.....  With the start of 2017-2018 we decided to switch it up.  We could pick any block from any designer and use any fabric.  

     I've been holding onto this article about Bonnie & Camille since August 2015 so I was thrilled when the quilt in the article was the cover quilt for Bonnie Olavson's new book.

 Look at Bonnie's sewing room....isn't it just the cutest?   I strive to keep mine cute and neat but it's a daily struggle.....especially after the mail girl or UPS comes and I open box after box of fabric, patterns, tools, thread etc.........



But, back to my quilt.......

A few of the girls asked for big 24 and 36 inch blocks so when it came to my time to receive I got at least 3 blocks from each girl.  A few sent more but the average was 3.



And here was my finished top.......

It called for 49 10-1/2 inch blocks in a variety of green, red, mint, navy, aqua and pink.  I did ask for orange and yellow as well just to add some variety.  The quilt measures 70-1/2 X 70-1/2.

It's out for quilting presently but should be home next week....and knowing how awesome my quilter Sarah is, I know she'll do a nice job on it.

I haven't prepped the binding yet since I'm not too sure if I want to do 1 print or pull some strips in a variety of prints yet.  I usually wait to see it quilted......

I'll show pictures next week after it's in my hot little hands.....

In closing, here's my two favorite granddaughters from last week at a little zoo in Maryland near their house.....



2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Oh how beautiful! What a fun project and the colors are just wonderful!

gailss said...

Just love your choice and what a great top. Good to see you back blogging and the girls have really grown.