Thursday, July 5, 2018

Moda Color Cuts "Dessert Sampler"

    YES......I saw this project MONTHS ago and reserved a kit......
 

I could not help myself since the fabrics and colors were so pretty!

I saw everyone starting their kits but I decided that I needed to clean up a few other projects before I started......

I wasn't sure how to proceed so I started off cutting and making block #1


Then I cut out block #2


And I realized after cutting block # 2 that this quilt will be pieced in sections and section 1 did not include block #1......which is fine.  I'll just make #2 and move on, assemble this section and then move on to section 2.  Block 1 will go wherever it is called for.

So, now that I have some of the hst trimmed and sewn, I'll try and get that finished today but then I need to put this all aside for an impromptu trip to Florida to see my mother with my 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters.  Mom was 91 last Sunday but we couldn't get down till this Saturday....which is fine.  Mom likes her company spread out.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July....
We celebrated my son's 33rd birthday with a fun cake, homemade pretzels, hot dogs, hamburgers etc. and they even watched a hot dog eating contest, the Yankee game, a movie.....etc.  Fun Fun Fun






1 comment:

gailss said...

I like the idea of a kit as it gives you all the fabrics you need and these fabrics are great....nice way to have a go to project too!!