Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Few Baby Quilts

Some years I don't make any baby quilts but 2018 has not been one of those years.

2 of the most recent quilts were made for family members and 2 were for friends upcoming grandchildren.

I became a great aunt to 2 boys this summer.  I showed Joe's quilt 2 posts back.  The other little guy was born just about a month ago and has had some medical issues but prayers are being said and it looks like he may just be on the upward swing.


I picked a lot of animal prints, some fish, pirates etc.....I had an awesome fishy fabric for the border and after it was quilted it looked so nice!  
Well.....last week I found out that I'd be needing a boy quilt for my neighbor/good friend's upcoming grandson for January so I pulled out all the leftover fabric from my great nephew's quilt and whipped up another HST quilt with that great fish/whale/turtle border fabric.  
I'll be sending this one out for quilting as soon as the backing fabric comes in the mail.

 
This quilt was for another neighbor/good friend who was going to be a second time grandmother but to a girl.  Avalon was born 2 weeks ago and her quilt was made from some Bonnie & Camille swap blocks from a few years ago.  I was happy to be able to use them and some pretty pink and red floral yardage for the backing.


I may be on call for another few baby quilts later this year so I'll report on that when it happens......

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your "fishy" quilt. So cute!

Little Penpen said...

These are adorable! I dream of 'getting ahead' on baby quilts, so I can just choose one, when the time comes. So far, that hasn't happened. :-))