Saturday, August 4, 2018

Patchwork Sky


 

Well.......I preordered 2 of these kits for my 2 granddaughters...............
I thought to myself at the time, how cute!  Fabrics would work from November thru February or March.  And they are cute!   I ordered flannel backs for them too so they'll keep Gemma and Olivia warm in the winter.

I assembled Olivia's quilt right away and yes....it's awesome yet also very time consuming.....

I knew I couldn't work on Gemma's right away because all that work was overwhelming and NOTHING else got done in the 2-1/2 weeks it took to assemble in the time I had to sew.

WELL..........about 2-1/2 weeks ago I pulled Gemma's kit out and started to cut.....and cut, and cut.
 


AND......after about 17-18 days, I finally finished Gemma's quilt yesterday and this morning, off to my quilter Sarah for her magic on both!

A few of my quilting bee girls have picked this quilt to do for 2019 and I've told them how much work was involved but fortunately for them each girl is making a star and 1 alternate block so they'll have an easier time than I did.  

I LOVE how both turned out and it will be nice to get them back quilted so I can bind them in time for Christmas....





No comments: