Sunday, October 19, 2008

Patchwork Party



I had such an urge today to finish the last 2 blocks for the Patchwork Party so I did them....whew, they were not the easiest but they are done and I'm one happy camper.


I now have 12 very nice blocks that have to be set......

I just looked at the finishing kit that Sunshine Carousel Quilt Shop sent me......what the heck was I thinking? LOL
I still have to make 13 courthouse steps and a gazillion geese....If I make the quilt as directed, the darn thing ends up being 95-1/2 X 105-1/2.
I'm seriously questioning whether I need a quilt that large......I'm thinking I could probably make 2 quilts out of this fabric.....
Is anyone else doing the Patchwork Party and what are you doing about the finishing kit?
Peggy

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job finishing all 12 Peg! I don't know what to tell you about the finishing kit. I know the original design would be stunning and unique...but if you don't need another big quilt, maybe go with something simpler. Either way, those blocks look great!

Conni said...

Those blocks are so pretty! It won't matter how you finish them...they are stunning on their own!

Laura-IH said...

I love the blue in those blocks. Gorgeous!

Personally, I HATE making flying geese. I don't know why, I just do. Courthouse steps are right up my alley, though. : )