Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hunky Dory Pinwheels





Back in the January/February 2011 Mc Calls Quilting Magazine I came across this page of pinwheels and 9 patches and fell in love! So I kept it open on the side of my machine for inspiration. Each pinwheel point in the picture is a different fabric which is looks fabulous but I thought I'd do mine with each pinwheel from the same fabric.


I made a quilt for a girl in work from Hunky Dory fabric and had so much left over that I started making pinwheels using the Triangulations papers. I took all the cut up triangulations in the car with me as I was traveling to Indiana last May and trimmed them off and pressed them open at retreat. I didn't touch the ziploc bag again for weeks/months. Finally I gt all 80 pinwheels made and then had the task of amking all the 3 x 3 9 patch units. Got them done too in record time...then closed up the ziploc bag and moved onto holiday projects.


Well, the other day I decided to look at it all and started to assemble one row just to see how I liked it.


Here's what I have so far! It's much prettier in person, and very pastelly (sp), more so than what I'm used to working on. I have 6 more rows of pinwheels to assemble and then start more assembly. Then figure out a nice skinny border and then make the piano key border for the 3 sides. (yes, 3 sides. this pattern calls for only 3 sides) .




I'd like to finish the top assembly this week or by next weekend for sure.




I will most likely have a lot of Hunky Dory left over and although it's a nice fabric, I don't want to see it again for a good long time, so keep tuned in....I may have a scrap bag give away!




Hope everyone is having a nice sunny Sunday.




Peggy

1 comment:

Conni said...

This is really cute, Peg. Isn't it hard to actually use up all of those scraps we generate from other projects.