Saturday, November 24, 2012

Easy Street-Part 1

     I have been waiting it feels like MONTHS for Easy Street to start and don't you know, the day it starts I'm in my car heading to Maryland for the day!  Luckily for me it was just for a haircut and color and lunch with my favorite hairstylist, then home by dinnertime.  We ordered some chinese and off to my sewing room to start cutting 2 inch strips.  I really love the variety of black on white fabrics I had in my stash, and I even picked up about 5-6 small pieces in the last week or two, just to add some variety. 

I cut and then sewed strips and even got them pressed and subcut, and in true "Peggy Fashion" I made my first 10 4 patch blocks so I could see how they looked  :)    Just an FYI, I tried Bonnie's twist turn for pressing the 4 patches flat and what a HUGE difference in how nicely they lay....check out her part 1 instructions for the link to those directions....

     I have a "family to be" baby shower today at 3:00....my daughter's future sister in law, so I'll try and slip an hour at the machine before I leave and then when I get home later.  I'd love to get all the 4 patches made tonight and then focus on other things tomorrow, but we will see.....

No comments: