Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Laura

The world lost an amazing person this weekend......my friend Laura!   I met Laura at a quilting retreat in Indiana which was made up of girls from all over the US.  She drove there alone from Minnesota and I drove from New Jersey and she always had the funniest stories about her adventure driving to the retreat.


 I know Laura as an amazing quilter but she was so much more than that.  She was an educator, aunt, daughter, sister and most of all, to me, a FRIEND EXTROADINAIRE!  

We may have been about 25 years apart in age but the way we were together you'd think we were the same age.  We shared an interest in Survivor, Big Brother and of course, Criminal Minds.  She loved the character "Spencer" on the show and when I was in NY last year I found her a poster that I sent her that she told me she loved.  We texted at night thru some of the shows and although she might only say "CREEPY" during Criminal Minds or "He's a lunatic" thru Survivor, I felt we had such a bond. 

I last heard from her on Friday morning and as is the case with everyone, even friends, I got busy so when Monday came and I didn't hear from her I didn't really worry about her but wondered where she'd gotten to all weekend...ya know she loves her roller derby and hanging with her friends...........

May 15th will be here and I'll be heading to Indiana with Michelle for retreat and man o man I'll be so sad knowing she won't be there with "Pepe"  meeting us there for some sewing, chatting, shopping and eating.....




I'm gonna miss you roomie!!!! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely tribute. Retreat won't be the same without her.

Samantha said...

I am so sorry for your loss Mrs. A. This is a beautiful post. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Xo

busylizzy said...

Beautifully said Peggy. How wonderful that you had that bond with her. She was an easy to get along with person. I loved that crazy sense of humor and all those poses with 'characters'. At least you had her in your life for a little while.