Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2013 Designer Mystery Block of the Month


     Yes, it's been a while and there's no excuse but I'm here now and that's all that matters. 

     I got my Designer Mystery BOM kit the other day and it's been #1 on my list of things to get done this week but I'd started a baby quilt over the weekend and needed to finish that and prep the backing before I could start on the block.  I did get it cut and assembled earlier tonight and I'm thrilled with how nice it came out. 


The block is called "Wildflower Bouquet" and it was designed by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.   

 
   I know I've said it before but FQ Shop is very generous with their cuts for this BOM and the Fig Tree Quilts fabric line is gorgeous!!!

     I have the first 3 blocks done and you will notice that there is a pattern going on this year  :)   It looks like we might be making a basket quilt....something I've wanted to do for a while now and never did so this is a perfect time to get one made.

     Here in New Jersey the schools don't open till after Labor Day, Thursday that week to be exact for the school I work in.  This will be a time of "lasts" for me.  I will be retiring from the guidance office of my school after 18-1/2 years working in the district so this is my "last first day" with quite a few "lasts" to follow.  I'm looking forward to spending more time in my sewing room and hopefully USING UP some of the fabric I've been hoarding  :)

     Hope everyone has a great day...

Peggy

No comments: