In between other projects, I've been working on making 2-1/2 inch 4 patch units for my American Patchwork and Quilting Quilt Along project called "Go Four It".
I made a lot of progress last week sewing up all the strips needed for the 4 patch units since we've had non stop snow and cold now for almost 2 weeks (with more expected today).
I decided on Wednesday this week that I was going to get to the counting and sorting part to figure out what I needed to start assembling this project.
I counted 4 patch units..........528 of the 1,000 needed! Not bad at all. 1,089 2-1/2 inch squares. 750 cut! Very good! Then I had a thought....I'd started the 2014 APQuilt Along last year using yellows, oranges, greens and blues also but switched directions after making 1 or 2 blocks....so I found the plastic bin that was holding those 4 patch units and added them to my bin....I'm up to 759 4 patch
Here's the pile of 4 patches waiting to be pressed
On the left is the 4 patches and the little bin on the right has the 2-1/2 inch squares
YES....I always have to make 1 block just to see how it looks......and I am thinking I LOVE it so, onward with making more
And here's a picture of my block on top of the APQ magazine with my "choice" of quilts.....
I think it's time to get to assembling some more blocks. I need 80 more of these units..... Off to the sewing machine for me
And if you didn't see enough cuteness with that block....
Olivia....the ultimate in cuteness!!!
Peggy in balmy 21 degree New Jersey