Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Low Volume/Plus Quilt

     I haven't done a block swap in a long time.  I've done a one on one swap but not a "many block" swap in probably years.  I saw on Instagram back in the winter that a girl I knew was hosting a Low Volume/Plus block swap and having TONS of low volume fabrics I decided to join.   We could send as many blocks as we wanted so I did about 22 and made a few for myself from my favorite fabrics.  I have had them back for a few weeks now and have wanted to throw them up on the design wall since the day they came home but have resisted since I had other things on my plate...........Well, I decided on Monday that I HAD to see them all laid out....so off I went and threw them up!


Look at those blocks!!!!!!!    And yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, they are all sewn together.
The quilt top measures 67-1/2 X 79-1/2.  Each block was 11-3/4 if I remember correctly.  


 Look at the variety of low volume backgrounds......  I was in LV heaven last night while sewing them all together.....


I didn't have anything appropriate for the back so this morning I went out and found this "WORLD MAPS" fabric by Sue Schlabach by Windham Fabrics.  It's going to look awesome with all the low volume fabrics!   I picked up the stripe from the same line to use as binding.  Now it's time to mail it off to my quilter!   

And here's a little Olivia sighting.....  Her aunt Sarah brought her that cute London onesie back from her vacation and I guess you can tell from the look on her face that she liked it :)




2 comments:

Conni said...

That Little Miss of yours is so adorable!

Liz said...

Love the quilt, Peggy and Olivia is adorable, even though she's bigger now since this post.