Sunday, September 7, 2008

Where Have I Been?






I can't believe I haven't blogged since last Saturday. Where have I been and what the heck have I been doing??? Does napping sound about right? :)



Anyhoo, during the week Michelle emailed Robin and I asking for suggestions on what to hang on a quilt rack she has in her kitchen in her new home. She sent us a picture and I immediately thought of the quilt I have hanging in my kitchen.



I made this quilt at least 4 if not 5 years ago. It was a block of the month thru the Main Street Cotton Shop. I love how it fit perfectly in that spot and enjoy sitting looking at it every morning when I have my tea. I suggested Michelle could make that or even the Thimbleberries Village, just smaller.


Then it came to me....I have this quilt book that's been sitting on my cutting table since retreat in Indiana at least 3 years ago. I look at the book frequently and even started a bin of scraps to use on it.


The book is called "Quilter's Dozen Plus" by Janet Selek.

This project is smaller than the village and what's nice is you make the Year in a Snap background which finishes up to about 30 x 34 and then you make 12 different snap on panels that you can change off each month.

I pulled out my scrap bin today and guess what? I'm going to start this project this week. It's time to stop looking at it and start working on it.......
Conni from the BPF Retreat group had started hers at the retreat all those years ago and told me today she's got quite a bit of it done. I'm anxious to see Conni blog about hers soon......
Peggy

1 comment:

Robin said...

Michelle and I will be starting our same project right along with ya Peg! woohooo! This should be fun!