Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Finish for 2010

YAY, I have my first finish for 2010 and it's still January 1st. I love these Fig Tree fabrics and love how this quilt finished up. I didn't get the backing for it at the time I got the kit so I had to order it, but I think it will be here tomorrow or Monday, then I can get it quilted and ready for the lucky recipient...whoever that might be.

Robin is doing this quarterly project as well and we've been cheering one another on, but she stopped for a few days to do a little list making of all her unfinished projects, but I think she'll get back to it today or tomorrow.

Do you quilters keep a list of UFO's, bags of blocks, block of the months, etc? I never used to but a few years ago Robin, Michelle, and I started to do it and we called it our OBSCENE INVENTORY LIST. I would not DARE show anyone what my list looks like because it's not only obscene, but it's embarrasing. Embarrasing because I am like one of those people on that show "HOARDERS"...every nook and cranny in my sewing room is filled with fabric, blocks, kits etc...
Anyhow, how's your obscene list look???
Peggy

7 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love your top...pretty! I fully understand about your list...shh...I will tell you later when DH is not so close by!!!!!!LOL!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not a hoarder since clutter of any kind overwhelms and makes me unable to function. Even UFOs do that so I have to keep them to a minimum. But when I have one, boy, it's a doozy -- right now, it's Dear Jane. I don't know if I'll ever be rid of that one. I'm signed up to a couple challenges with beading and spirit dolls, guess they can be considered UFOs, but they are due one per month and so far I'm only 2 days into the first one. Wish me luck or I could have dozens of UFOs -- may have to start keeping a list also!

bubbygigi said...

I have lots and lots of fabric, buttons, trims, yarn, beads, thread, patterns, etc. I don't consider myself a hoarder yet but I could easily get there. As far as UFO's, you could count them on the fingers of one hand so I guess that isn't too bad. Two of the UFO's are from about thirty years ago. One is a grandmother's flower garden and the other is a tree of life applique quilt. I work on them every so often.

Pat said...

Oh, my shelves are crammed with UFO's and "want-to-be" projects. *sigh*

Conni said...

Congrats on your first completion of 2010!!!!

Christie said...

Obscene Inventory List...oh yeah, I gotta make one of those...hopefully I can complete it and it not wind up on my UFO list! lol

Robin said...

My list looks pretty obscene, and I'm sure you'll agree since you've SEEN all the obscene details of it! LOL But thanks for asking LOL Love your fig tree top! You are beating the pants off me on this project!! LOL