Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quilts for Kids

My daughter, who is not a sewer or quilter was watching tv this morning and on "The View" one of the actresses from Greys Anatomy was telling about being the spokeswoman for Downy and "Quilts for Kids". I was just checking out the site and thought that it sounds like a very worthwhile program so if you are so inclined to assemble a quilt either from your own stash or request a kit from them that this would be a great program...
http://www.quiltsforkids.org/volunteer/

Peggy

2 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

I sent for a kit last week, and one thing I learned on their site is that in addition to the quilt you make from their kit, you can also make one from your own fabric and send it to them as well. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Pat said...

A couple of the bloggers I read have gotten kits and made quilts for this group already. Sure seems like a good cause.