Sunday, March 28, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Yes, it's true, at 6:45 EST tomorrow morning I will be leaving on a plane headed to Myrtle Beach. Afrter all the snow and cold weather, it's time for some relaxing! We'll only be gone till Thursday night because we want to be home for Easter dinner but it will be nice to get away and just do nothing for a few days.


I did do a little sewing today in between last minute laundry and packing. I need 2 charity tops, one for retreat and one for a group that's on the Air Force base where Michelle is right now. I made 2 the same since I had a lot of squares cut. I have them sandwiched and ready for quilting which will get done when we come home.
I'll be taking my Berry Pickin and also my Hocuspocusville stitcheries with me and a book to read....I'll report back with what actually gets done.
Have a good week.
Peggy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty charity top, Peg! Simple colorful squares make great quick tops.

The Other Barb said...

I like the simplicity of the charity quilt. Have a great trip to Myrtle Beach!

Kim said...

A little simplicity is a breath of fresh air. Somebody is going to love this quilt!

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful vacation.

Pat said...

Geee...I'm not catching up on your blog until the day you are due home...hope you had a great trip. Love your quilt, too. Working with charm squares is fun!