Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pity Party

Yeah, I've been having some pity parties for myself the last 5 weeks, I haven't been physically able to use a rotary cutter or machine to do any real sewing so I've spent way too much time navigating around the computer "looking" at fabric. But it's gotta stop....I'm running out of space in my cabinets for all this fabric!!! I saw these 2 half yard bundles of Riley Blake fabrics and just fell in love with them so I bought them. Fortunately for me, I already know what projects the fabrics will go to.
Then, today, I went to my local quilt shop, Quilting Possibilities, with the intention of only buying some stabilizer for a tote bag but of course you know I can't just walk in and walk out.....NO..I have to wander around and that means walking out a little lighter in the wallet :) Not only did I come out with some stabilizer, I got the navy and white snowflake fabric to make the tote bag with, a bolt end of a black and white print and 6 red/white/black fat quarters to use in a quilt with some black and white fabrics I already have here that are leftover from another project. I racked up a LOTTA fabric this week already....and the week's not over yet!!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If extra fabric helps you get through the healing, so be it. You deserve it! :)

Pat said...

Fabric is good...nothing wrong with fabric...nothing wrong with lots of fabric, actually!

busylizzy said...

Love the fabrics! You better get back to work before you go broke!!! lol

Unknown said...

Thanks Peg! We LOVE to see you! LOL Hope your cast comes off soon.

ohiostar5 said...

Peg, when you make a tote/bag what pattern do you use? BettyLou