Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2006- It was a very good year

2006 WAS a very good year...at least for me it was. I was making friends online with girls from all over and I was participating in a lot of block swaps online. I decided to hostess a centralized swap of red and white blocks, 9.5 inches unfinished. Between the 6 of us we picked our favorite blocks and did a different one each month. ALL the girls were excited to make the blocks but I guess our excitement didn't carry over into actually assembling the blocks....but then again, how many girls really make and assemble right away?

So, since 2012 is going to be one of those years where I am going to try and ASSEMBLE not BUY AND HOARD, I pulled out the bin of blocks, rounded up some loose fabric and voile! In less than a week I had 10 months worth of the blocks assembled into a quilt top !


It's all ready for quilting...once I get the backing.



On another note, our puppy has reached the running off with my slippers stage as well as chewing on everything in site stage. We made an appointment for Bark Busters to come out and evaluate the situation and set up some training for us.... They were here promptly at noon and after an hour and a half our Luna was sufficiently "tired" of being trained but that didn't stop us, we kept on going. After he left we found her peeking out from behind the couch kind of saying "is he gone yet?" To which I replied "yes he's gone, but he'll be back in 2 weeks-so don't even get comfy......" LOL







I hope what we learned will make for a happier home environment!!!

2 comments:

Conni said...

Like fine wine, we need to let our blocks age and marinate before we build them into a quilt!!! Looks great...but, of course, it's RED!!!

busylizzy said...

I must have missed a few posts because I didn't see the new doggy. Oh man, is he cute!!! Good luck with the training and oh yeah, beautiful red quilt!! Congrats on the finish Peggy!