Friday, July 13, 2012

A Couple of Finishes

Yes, I do have a couple of finishes....2 way overdue.

I got the yellow/black/grey quilt assembled in record time I would say and it looks great.  I was going for Queen size but alas, I did not have enough fabric so it's approximately twin/full.....Good enough for a throw at the foot of my daughter's bed, which is what she wanted so it will be perfect.  I also found a great yellow marbelized 108 wide piece of fabric for the backing from Backside Fabrics, which is exactly what Jen wanted so I done good this week  :)    (this isn't the best picture, especially since the sewing room walls are yellow and the sun was shining but it is what it is for today)

I also had gotten back a few quilts from my favorite quilter Michelle back in May....yes, you heard it, May.  I was like I was obsessed when I got them, making bindings and getting them sewn on....but then I got sidetracked with other things and there they sat.  Well, I finally bit the bullet the last 2 weeks and got them bound  The top one is an Ohio Star quilt and the bottom is a Laurel Burch top that my friend Robin assembled from a bag of LB blocks probably 3-4 years ago.  
They'll go into the  cabinet until they're needed for gifts....

I had a nice surprise yesterday too!  My friend Michelle in Dover, Delaware kiddingly suggestedthat Robin and I come to Delaware for a"Twister" class she's doing on the 24th.  I looked at my summer work calendar and lo and behold I'm off that day and hubby will be on a business trip so I told Michelle to hook me up and I'd drive down.  YES, it's a 3 hour drive and the class starts at 9 but what's a lack of sleep when I get to sew with a friend, possibly meet some nice new ladies and get outta town?  I'll do a post on that after I go....
      I've got our Handyman extroadinairre putting some flourescent lighting up in my sewing room this morning so I'm doing the dreaded laundry........

No comments: