Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Green and Blue

Since I finished my 2 projects this weekend and I'm leaving on vacation Thursday morning, I didn't want to jump into a big project but I started something new anyway...... 
I pulled out my bin of green and blue fabrics which were inspired by Amy Smart's blog "Diary of a Quilter".  http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2011/11/new-pattern-and-shop-update.html  She made her churn dash quilt both in reds and green and blue. 

 When I first saw the blocks I was able to pick up some of the same fabrics she used in hers (yes, I'm a copycat) and along the way I've gone thru my stash and come up with some additions to the pile....
Anyhow, I cut up some Kona Snow and got to making some churnies in the 9-1/2 inch size....

I made 14 the past 2 nights but I'm going to have to stop here and get some stuff ready for vacation. 

No comments: