Saturday, April 6, 2013

Calendar Quilts

    While I was at the Pat Speth workshop 2 weeks ago I went with Michelle to her guild meeting where Pat had a trunk show with lots of quilts from her books.  Afterwards the girls in the guild brought up their finished UFO projects and although everyone's projects were wonderful, one of the girl's "Calendar Quilts" were so cute I just couldn't resist!


 After the meeting we went back to Michelle's house and she went online and ordered her's immediately.  I figured I could wait until the next day till I got home to order it but I found I could order it from my cell phone and have it quicker.  WELL, who knew I'd get home the next afternoon and the book was waiting for me on my front porch!

    It's been 2 weeks now and it was time to open it up, take the patterns out and get to the assembly of one.

    I decided to play it safe and start with May.  I didn't want to start April and then not finish and not have May ready to hang so May it is.......

    These quilts finish up to 20-1/2 X 28-1/2......


Peggy

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

How cute! I have that book and lots of nickels from guild swaps. I should get it out this week. Thanks for the inspiration.