Friday, July 5, 2013

Ten Things This Summer

     While surfing some of my favorite blogs the other day I came across "A Quilting Life's" post that she referenced to another girl's blog about how quickly summer came and the need to organize ourselves for the summer or else it will be fall and we'll be saying "where the heck did the summer go?".

     It's shouldn't come as a surprise to close friends that I'm a list maker.  I make lists in work and I used to make more lists as the kids were young but in my sewing room I'm a free spirit......and sometimes that can be detrimental.  So, when I saw the ten things this summer post I thought to myself "I can do that!!!!"

     I don't have pictures of everything, but I think as I start the projects on the list I will post pictures then.  So, here goes.....

            Peggy's Ten Things for the 2013 Summer (in no particular order)

1.   Organize my bins of kits and make a list of what I have

2.   Pull out BOM kits, Thimbleberries kits etc. that I won't ever use and have   an online yard sale.

3.   Pull my Crabapple Hill "Snow Days" quilt out and get the binding sewn on.

4.   Take the "fox" fabric I have and make my great niece a small tote bag from it.  Her last name is "Fox" so before I misplace the fabric, I need to make her a bag.

5.   Make a reasonable bucket list of quilts I want to make.

6.   I have 2 sewing rooms....organize fabric, backings, kits etc. and get everything into 1 room.

7.   Take my HUGE pile of 5 inch kiddie charms and get them cut into triangles and get them assembled into a triangle quilt.

8.   I have 4 quilts out at the quilters.  When they come back I need to make the binding and get them sewn on and tacked down.

9.   Quilt my Zig Zag quilt, get it bound and washed.

10.  3 finished quilts need quilting and binding.....decide if I'll do them or send them out (purple star baby quilt,  black/white/pink baby quilt and scrappy star top)

So, there you have it.  My 10 things to do this summer....and that's a small list.  I have wool BOM's to keep up with, my 2013 Designer BOM to keep up with, some baby quilts to make when we find out what the babies will be and other fun projects to work on......

This will be a fun way to keep track of things!

Peggy in sunny, hot, hot, hot New Jersey!

3 comments:

Cardygirl said...

A great list...hope the weather is bearable and you get some items ticked off!

Conni said...

I, too,am a list maker! I just wish I was as diligent as you to actually get more things crossed off the list!!! Go, Peggy!

Sherri said...

What a great list! Thanks so much for joining in!