Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dr. Seuss

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I just thought I'd share the little quilts I finished the other night.
A co-worker will be a first time grandma in October to twins and

as a school teacher she loves Dr. Seuss, mainly One Fish, Two Fish.

After much searching on the internet I found that there isn't an entire One Fish, Two Fish
fabric line, there were only a few pieces designed so I added them to other Seuss fabric,
backed it with red and white cuddle and bound it in the Seuss red and white stripe.  All in all, two super cute quilts for two yet to be born babies.


I'd also like to brag just a teeny bit.....
My daughter likes to paint and create.  I haven't yet been able to bring
either daughter over to the dark side of quilting (LOL) but I am happy that
Sarah likes to paint.  About a week ago we took a trip to a little Goodwill store
nearby and picked up a two drawer file cabinet for I think $6.    Here is what she
did to it this week.


Here's hoping everyone is enjoying their
Saturday.


Peggy






2 comments:

Barbara said...

Adorable twin quilt idea! Also, I love the file cabinet. What a creative mind your daughter has -- to suggest one of my favorite paintings by the best of classic artists this way was genius!

busylizzy said...

Love those quilts, Peggy. What a great fabric line when you don't know the sex of the baby(ies). What a great paint job on the file cabinet.