Thursday, December 29, 2016

Swooning Along

     As if I didn't have enough projects going on, I joined another "no pressure" sew along with girls on Instagram.  I've said it before and I'll reiterate it here now....that Instagram is a dangerous place to visit!

     This one is a Bonnie & Camille "Swoon QAL 2017".   We were challenged by Mel at mel_is_a_swapaholic to pull 18 coordinating fabrics to make the 9 blocks in the pattern.

I couldn't decide between "Hello Darling" or "Vintage Picnic".  I pulled both out and then went to bed.  When I got up I looked thru both, pulling out pieces I knew I wanted in the quilt......and FYI, I wanted the quilt larger and "less square" so I pulled enough for 12 blocks....


I think a few from each line is just the ticket!

I cut out Block #1 on Tuesday night before I went to bed so when I woke up yesterday all I had to do was start sewing..... Here's block #1

AND.....since it was sunny out I held it up to the window to see how it looked with the sun coming thru...like a stained glass piece...


I love the look......

I'm on my way to Swooning Along in 2017!

Peggy



No comments: