Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tomatoes


Can you see em? Darn things are so tiny I can barely photograph them....

This is my first attempt in my life to grow tomatoes. Sorry....but I'm a city girl. NO ONE in my city grew any kind of fruit or vegetable. You went to Shop Rite if you wanted those things :) Anyhoo, this year I decided I'd take the plunge and throw one of these tomatoe hangers up on my only backyard tree and see what I get. I have 4 very small tomatoes on the vine.... I'll keep an eye on them and report back as they get bigger. NO, I will not be getting any overalls and a pitchfork, 'cause I don't plan on doing this very often....

Peg

5 comments:

Robin said...

well YEEHAW for Farmer Peg!!! LOL you GO Jersey Grrllll! I have faith in you and your "little plant that could"! LOL it looks pretty good to me..invite me over when the BLTs are ready!

Michelle said...

It's growing nicely Peg! Good job!

Barb said...

how fun....my mother has one of those too.

Pat said...

We have to battle the squirrels for ours. And this year, that tomato plant blight that's been in the news got two of our four plants. :(

Quiltinggirl said...

This is the first year I've tried to grow tomatoes, too, only I put mine in the ground. Maybe next year I'll try the hanging basket. Yours is so cute!