I swear this project was one of those "record" finishes. Started the hst assembly on Friday and by Sunday I had the quilt top assembled and quilted with the binding on. I spent a couple of nights in front of the TV tacking down the binding so by Wednesday I had it done and then washed, dried and stored away awaiting a baby in need of a quilt.
I've never mastered the allover quilting so I just did some straight line stitching along the line of the half square triangles.
Since at this point it was October, I made my Big 3 list and chose some projects that I could get done without stressing myself out.
#1 was getting the binding on my Elves quilt. That was an easy one....got that on last night and even tacked 1 long side down.
I've also decided that I need to make at least 6 Great Granny blocks this month. In the past 2 nights alone I made 3 so I think I can probably get 6 done
One of my other goals is to keep up with Terry's Scrappy Star challenge. I absolutely love working with all my scraps....who'd have thunk I'd ever say that LOL
Here's a picture of my 2 blocks.
I do have to admit that I didn't only make these 2 blocks, I got carried away with my scraps and actually made 11 of them :)
I'm good to go until February I think.....
Monday (10/8) is a holiday from work...YAY!
I'm taking a road trip with my youngest daughter to Baltimore to meet up with oldest daughter for our first and hopefully only bridal shop dress shopping :)
She's got an idea what type of dress she wants to wear so with luck the shop has "the perfect dress".