Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Week in Review

It's been a nice and semi productive week here in NJ....The weather was cooperative and stayed COLD for a few days so I was forced to stay in the house and sew, so I got the backings done for 2 quilts that were going to the quilter on Tuesday (more on that further down).  Then I took my December Designer Mystery BOM block apart and remade it.  I don't know what I was thinking back in December but I'd forgotten the "red star" part of the block which made for a boring block.  So, that got fixed and the January block assembled.
THEN, I cleaned up my room which was just cluttered with all the fabric from all the BOM's, projects etc...
Monday after work and dinner I had to load my car up for a trip to Delaware to spend some time with my BFF Michelle and her Guild ladies at their monthly "Sit N Sew".  I don't belong to their guild but over the summer I attended a couple of times and they were very gracious and welcoming.  The theme this month was assembling the "Iron Caddy's".  Coincidentally, I'd gotten a kit from Michelle for a caddy as a Christmas present back in December so I was all set...just had to drive and get a sewin
Here's a picture of mine all by itself and then the 2nd picture is all of them.  1 girl left early and another wasn't done yet, and we had a small group this time.  Aren't they cute?  Michelle's is the black/red with little button fabric right between mine and the purple one.

After sewing we left the center and drove up Route 1 to a quilt shop for Michelle to find a couple of pieces of fabric to finish a few projects....  I think I spent more than her even though I went in not needing anything in particular  :)

I got 2 pincushion kits, one is the star and the other is the half moon santa, a pattern for a cute winter runner, 4 black fat quarters for my upcoming Orca Bay project, some gorgeous red fabric and 3  1 yard pieces of baby girl type fabrics for an upcoming project.  I just loved the focus fabric and knew I needed at least 2 accents to go with it.  The green fabric is for a "retreat project" for May.
The shop was soooo cute and had a lot of projects made up with full baskets of kits !  I love a shop that does that!!!
Last night was spent resetting my machine up and dinner out with 5 friends from other schools in our district. 

Our next Sit N Sew project is the "PLUS" quilt so last night I did a little cutting for that and that will continue tonight too.  I also had some girls mention the old donut pincushions so I pulled my pattern out and am making some of those up while I watch tv at night.....

How was your week?



No comments: