Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jamestown Landing Done

     Yes, it is done.  It only took me 3 years working on and off, but my "Jamestown Landing" quilt is finished.  I always loved it and didn't mind working on it but once the center was done I found that I just didn't want to work on it any more........but, I'm thrilled to death that I was challenged by both my BFF's and Jo. 

     Here is a picture of two corners where the borders meet












    





And let me tell you....there is a LOT of fabric in this top....here's me trying to push the borders thru the machine.....







 And here's what Bonnie's quilt looks like.  I don't have a single flat surface that I can lay mine out on to take a picture of it.

Now I need to look thru my bin of backing fabrics and see if I have the "perfect" backing fabric.....


                                                                                    

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looking good!

JoAnne said...

I imagine you are both excited and relieved to be finished! You are sure inspiring me to get going on mine! Maybe after the New Year.

The Other Barb said...

YAY!! Great job!

Robin said...

looks great Peg!