Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving

     I cannot believe Thanksgiving is here already.  I love everything about this holiday....it's the first turkey of the season and all I have to do to make everyone happy is cook!  I have to say, I do make a killer stuffing, turkey, mashies and fresh veggies.....My daughter will be making the desserts once again this year and I'm hearing we'll be having new items this year.  We're not a pumpkin pie type of family....we're actually a brownie, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate cream pie type of family so we all look forward to those sweets.

     Now, I would be remiss if I didn't mention some "thankful" things....after all, it is the big day to give thanks isn't it?

     I am thankful this year that my mother was able to come to New Jersey to celebrate with us.  At 81 and the thought of having to come from Florida into the cold, doesn't thrill her but she's a trooper and came up last week.  I'm ALWAYS thankful for my husband, 3 children, my new son in law, our puppy Luna, who has calmed down a lot this year, my brothers, sisters, sister in laws, brother in law and their families, a few "special" BFF's who I hope know how much I care about them, and all my extended friends from work, quilting groups and internet friends that I "talk" to but have never met face to face. 

     I wish each and every one of you the happiest of holidays!  

Peggy


2 comments:

Barbara said...

Sweet sentiments Peggy, best to you all for Thanksgiving!

moosecraft said...

Happy Thanksgiving Peggy! Family, food and fabric... it just can't get any better than that! :-)